Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Grandpa & Grandma Hern come to help

The weekend of June 12th, my parents came to Greenwood to start helping us get ready for the baby.  My parents took me maternity shopping in Greenville on Friday.  It was really fun getting to experience that with them and I got alot of cute stuff.  I'm at the stage when I can still barely fit into most of my regular pants, but maternity clothes are definitely more comfortable!!  My parents were very generous and bought us our car seat & stroller travel system too.  We also picked up the crib mattress while we were in Greenville.  On Saturday my dad helped Austin put the crib and changing table together.  Here are some photos of male bonding:






On that Sunday we all went to Augusta, GA to buy the bedding and some of the accessories that we had picked out for the nursery.  I'm really happy with the colors and how it looks with the furniture.   There is still alot of work to be done- we still need a chair, and of course painting and decorating, but having a crib with bedding in it inside the room makes everything seem much more real!

 

And since it has been a couple of weeks since the last picture, here is the latest "belly picture" at 23 weeks.  I'm starting to make some progress I think.  Not only am I really starting to look pregnant, but in the last few weeks, Austin and I have been able to feel some really good kicks coming from in there, which is the most wonderful feeling in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.